How to file GST return in Chennai
How to file GST return in Chennai, how many returns in GST, how to become GST consultant in India, how to file GST return online
1. What is GSTR-1?
GSTR-1 is a monthly Statement of Outward Supplies to be furnished by all normal and casual registered taxpayers making outward supplies of goods and services or both and contains details of outward supplies of goods and services.
2. Who is required to file the GSTR-1?
Every registered taxable person, other than an input service distributor/compounding taxpayer/TDS Deductor/TCS Collector is required to file GSTR-1, the details of outward supplies of goods and/or services during a tax period, electronically on the GST Portal.
3. Is GSTR-1 filing mandatory?
GSTR-1 needs to be filed even if there is no business activity (Nil Return) in the tax period.
4. What are the available modes of preparing GSTR-1?
GSTR-1 can be prepared using the following modes through:
1. Online entry on the GST Portal
2. Uploading of invoice and other GSTR-1 data using Returns Offline Tool
3. Using third party application of Application Software Provider (ASPs) through GST Suvidha Providers (GSPs)
5. What details have to be furnished in GSTR-1?
1.What is Form GSTR-2?
GSTR-2 is the details of inward supplies of goods or services to be furnished by registered taxpayer on a monthly basis. The GSTR-2 would be prepared by registered taxpayer by acting upon on auto-populated details from GSTR-1,5,6, 7,8 filed by the corresponding supplier/ Non-Resident taxable persons/ ISD/ Tax Deductor/ Tax Collector and by adding missing /other details as applicable. The registered taxpayer can avail Input Tax Credit (ITC) for eligible inward supplies.
2. Who is required to file Form GSTR-2
Every registered person, other than an Input Service Distributor or a Non-Resident taxable person or a person paying tax under the provisions of section 10 (Composition taxable person) or section 51 (TDS) or section 52 (TCS), is required to file Form GSTR-2 (Statement of Inward Supplies), on a monthly basis, prepared on the basis of auto-populated details from the Form GSTR-1 of the suppliers after accepting, modifying, rejecting, or keep pending such data.
Receiver taxpayers can also add inward supplies and credit or debit notes received for supplies that are not declared by the supplier taxpayer in Form GSTR-1.
Recipient is also required to declare his claim of ITC on inward supplies in Form GSTR-2.
Form GSTR-2 needs to be filed even if there is no business activity (Nil Return) during a given tax period.
3. Is there any taxpayer who is exempt from filing Form GSTR-2?
Yes, the following taxpayers are exempt from filing Form GSTR-2:
• Input Service Distributors
• Taxpayers under the Composition Scheme
• Non-resident Taxable Persons
• Taxpayers paying tax under section 51 (TDS) or 52 (TCS)
4. By when do I need to file Form GSTR-2 for a given tax period? OR What is the due date for filing Form GSTR-2?
The due date for filing Form GSTR-2 is the 15th of the month succeeding the tax period.
Example: The goods and/or services received during the month of January, should be filed between 11th and 15th of February. In other words, for the supplies received in the month M, Form GSTR-2 shall be filed on or before the 15th day in month M+1. However, action can be taken on auto-drafted details only after 11th of month succeeding the tax period.
5. Can the date of filing of Form GSTR-2 be extended?
Yes, date of filing of Form GSTR-2 can be extended by the Board/Commissioner by notification.
6. Is there any late fee applicable on filing of Form GSTR-2 after due date? If yes, what are the charges?
Yes, a receiver tax payer is charged late fee for filing Form GSTR-2 after the due date.
Late fee for filing Form GSTR-2 after the due date is auto calculated. Payment of late fee is not required before filing of Form GSTR-2. The fee must be paid before filing of Form GSTR-3, without which the return is considered invalid.
Late fees payable is Rs 100/- for every day (as per CGST Act) during which such failure continues subject to maximum of Rs 5000/-, (fees as per SGST Act will be charged separately as per respective SGST Act).
7. What is the definition of inward supplies under GST?
The inward supplies include all inward supplies of goods and/ or services, including inward supplies of services and goods on which the tax is payable on reverse charge basis.
8. Under what circumstances can the details of inward supplies of month M in the Form GSTR-2 can be filed before the end of month M (before the end of the tax period)?
Normal taxpayers cannot file Form GSTR-2 before the due date of the filing of Form GSTR-1 of the current tax period.
However, following are the exception scenario for filing before due date:
a. Casual taxable person
b. Surrender of Registration by Normal Taxpayer Surrender of Registration by Normal Taxpayer
However, taxpayer who has applied for cancellation/ surrender of registration would be allowed to file GSTR-2 only after confirmation of cancellation application.
9. What is the time limit up to which a taxpayer can claim ITC?
ITC can be claimed up to the due date of filing of the return of the tax period ending September of the subsequent financial year in which the original invoice/ debit note was issued or the annual return of the subsequent financial year is filed, whichever is earlier. If the invoice date is after this limitation period, credit is not allowable.
10. What are the pre-conditions for filing GSTR-2?
Pre-conditions for filing of GSTR-2 are:
• The receiver taxpayer should be a Registered Normal Dealer and should have an active GSTIN.
• Receiver taxpayer should have valid login credentials (i.e., User ID and password).
• Receiver taxpayer should have valid and non-expired/ unrevoked Digital Signature Certificate (DSC which is mandatory for companies, LLPs and FLLPs).
• Receiver taxpayer should have a valid Aadhaar number with mobile number, in case they want to use the E-Sign option.
• A receiver taxpayer should have with him an active mobile number which is indicated in his registration details furnished to GST Portal at the time of enrolment/ registration or amendment to registration details for signing through EVC.
• A receiver taxpayer will have an option to file Form GSTR-2 for cancelled GSTINs for the period in which it was active.
• Due date for filing of Form GSTR-1 of the same tax period should have lapsed.
11. What happens after Form GSTR-2 is filed?
After Form GSTR-2 is filed:
• ARN is generated on successful submission of the Form GSTR-2 Return. In case, the return is filed through an offline utility, a Temporary ID is generated when the taxpayer uploads the .JSON file. On successful submission of the Form, an ARN is generated.
• An SMS and an email are sent to the taxpayer on his registered mobile and email on successful submission of Form GSTR-2.
• Once the Form is submitted after affixing DSC or E-sign or EVC as the case may be, the Form is passed on to:
ii. Tax authority of jurisdictional State or UT of
• In case of modifications or additions in Form GSTR-2, such details are auto-populated in Form GSTR-1/ 1A/ 5 of counterparty supplier taxpayers.
• Electronic Credit Ledger is updated.
1. What is GSTR-3B?
GSTR-3B is a simplified summary return and the purpose of the return is for taxpayers to declare their summary GST liabilities for the tax period and the discharge of these liabilities in a timely manner
A normal taxpayer is required to file GSTR-1, 2, & 3 returns for every tax period. In case of extension of due dates for filing of GSTR-1 and GSTR-2, GSTR-3B needs to be filed and subsequently if there is any discrepancy between the system generated 3B and earlier filed 3B the taxpayer will have to pay additional tax, liability and other dues.
2. Who needs to file the GSTR-3B?
All normal taxpayers and casual taxpayers are required to file the GSTR-3B every time there is an extension of due dates of filing for GSTR-1 and GSTR-2.
3. Where can I file GSTR-3B?
GSTR-3B can be filed from the returns section of the GST Portal. In the post login mode, you can access it by going to Services > Returns > Returns Dashboard. After selecting the financial year and tax period, GSTR-3B, (if applicable), in the given period will be displayed.
4. By when do I need to file GSTR-3B?
Specified Due dates for filing of GSTR-3B, 1, & 2 will be notified by the Commissioner for every situation separately.
5. What is the due date for filing the GSTR-3B for the tax periods immediately after the appointed date (July and August, 2017)?
For the first two months of GST rollout (July and August, 2017), below are the notified due dates for filing of the statements..
how to file GST return online, how to file nil GSTR 1 return, how to file nil GSTR 2, how to file nil return under GST
Return Form Description of form Who need to file? Due date
GSTR-1 Details of outward supplies of taxable goods and/or services effected Registered Taxable Supplier 10th of the next month
GSTR-2 Details of inward supplies of taxable goods and/or services effected claiming input tax credit. Registered Taxable Recipient 15th of the next month
GSTR-3 Monthly return on the basis of finalization of details of outward supplies and inward supplies along with the payment of amount of tax. Registered Taxable Person 20th of the next month
GSTR-4 Quarterly return for compounding taxable person. Composition Supplier 18th of the month succeeding quarter
Direct & Indirect (Gst-Goods & Service Tax) Training Course
Module 1 - GST- Goods & Service Tax - By Chartered Accountant- (Indirect Tax)
Module 2 - Income Tax - By Chartered Accountant (Direct Tax)
• Terminology of income tax like P.Y, A.Y, Income, Assesse
• Incidence of income tax
• Residential status like ROR, RNOR, OR
Module 2.1 - Income Under Various Heads
• Analytically-Income under head salary computation theoretically& by utility (Allowances,
• Perquisites, Retirement benefit)
• Income under head house property
• Income under head PGBP (corporate exposure) Real time calculation
• TAX AUDIT 44AB ONLINE REPORTING 3CA, 3CB, 3CD REAL TIME FILLING
• Presumptive taxation u/s 44AB, AD, AE
• Income under capital gain
• computation in utility of CG Income
• Exemption under 54 to 54H for capital gain
• Income from other sources
Module 2.2 - Deduction from Income
• Deduction u/s 80c to 80u
Module 2.3 - Assessments of Income
• Assessment of Individual
• Assessment of Partnership firm
• Assessment of company
• Assessment by ITD u/s 143(2), 144, 148, 153
Module 2.4 - Various Provisions
• Clubbing of income
• Set off and carry forwards of losses
• Returns of Income u/s 139 from ITR-1 to ITR-7 for all assesse
• Agriculture Income
• Advance Tax
• Interest u/s 234A,B,C
• Illustration on every topic
• PPT on topics
Every organization, no matter the scale, needs to provide a certain amount of tax to the Government for their business purposes. They are also required to attain taxes from their employees and clients in a proper way. And to do this, they hire professionals who have the necessary skills and expertise to execute these operations in an accurate and timely manner.
• Direct and Indirect Taxation (
• open your own tax consultancy firm where you can offer your quality and essential services to individuals and corporate.
These are only some of the benefits of learning Income Tax & GST Course , which you can get. Thus, wait for no further and join our prestigious institute immediately. Get training from teachers who have helped thousands of students acquire high paying jobs in numerous industries. Forge a promising career in the taxation field in any reputed firm within a span of few months.
Course Duration: 80 - 90 HRS with Highly Skilled 2 - 3 Corporate Trainers
2 -3 CA Expert Trainers for 2 Modules (Direct & Indirect Taxes)
SLA Consultants India - Direct & In-Direct (GST) Practical Training Delivery Method:
• Web / Desktop Base.
• Instructor-Led Classroom Sessions.
• Presentations/ Handouts/Assignments/Real-time Exposure to work on Clients.
NOTE: Classes Are Also Available On Module Basis
Industry acceptable certification for all training which help fresher/Experienced to up-skill at corporate.
4-5 Expert CA/FCA With 10+ Years provide practical compliance training and online e-filing on real time.
After completion of 70% training our dedicated placement team arrange interview till placement.
Practical Training help to gain exposure like corporate level with technical test series.
Real time projects & best case study makes SLA workshop very unique and lively for learners
For Learner's, Our admin team fresh batch schedule/re-scheduling classes/arrange doubt classes.